Sunday, April 26, 2009

Kevin is coming home soon....

Hello to all my friends,

I am so sorry that I have not kept up with my blog for several months.

I have felt like I am meeting myself coming and going. Let see if I can update you.

Kevin has been in Iraq but is due to arrive home in just a few more weeks. He will be leaving to a new location (unknown) possibly this week and may be home by the 6th or 7th of May.

Jaron moved back home at Christmas time. He is trying to save up enough money for a vehicle so I am currently playing mom's taxi. He is working at Family Christian Bookstore.

I have been homeschooling Dakota since October. It started out rough but she is a little smarty and is catching on quickly so as we finish up most of this year (still have about a month or so left in Phonics) she is writing in cursive, adding and subtracting and reading big time. That's our almost 1st grader! Way to go!

We found out that Shannon, Paul and the boys are going to be moving to Oklahoma at the end of May. It was a blessing in disguise since the cost of living is so bad that they have lived in very limited space (a two bedroom one bath apartment) paying $1100 a month. And they were able to get a 4 bedroom because she just found out that she has a little one on the way. Grandbaby number 6 will arrive in November sometime.

Another event coming up the road is the marriage of Michael and Sarah. We have been praying long and hard for this and the event will take place on July 18th. Dakota is extremely excited because she will get to be a flower girl.

I started holding myself accountable for my weight and have been able to lose about 10 lbs so far working out three days a week at Curves and using Sparkpeople.com to chart my meal intake. I feel alot better physically and a lot better about myself.

We were able to see Aimee in December. We pray constantly for her spiritual need trusting that the Lord will in the right time deliver her.

1 comment:

Candace/Chloe said...

Thanks for the update, Robin! Please let me know when your schedule lightens a bit....we'd love to have you over for lunch!

So glad Kevin will be home Monday! What a blessing!

Just four more weeks until baby arrives....so we need to get together SOON!!! Love you!