Saturday, August 23, 2008

What we did this summer

Michael and his Grandpa Carr.
Dad coloring with two of his grandchildren, Dakota and Luke.
This is Calvin...isn't he a cutie!
Sarah, Dakota and Michael.
Here is the gang at Disney in front of Cinderella's castle
Paul and Shannon
Kevin during training at Ft. Dix, New Jersey
Kevin and Dakota

A goofy picture! Marshall, Kev's mom, Melody, Leeanna, Stephanie

Cindy, Kev's dad and Kevin.

My Dad and his wife Jane at Sea World.
Michelle and Brian LaLena.
The gang just before going into the Toy Story game. It was fun and

you got to wear those crazy 3 D glasses!

Our 3 mousekeeters!


Dakota, Carl, Jen and Jaron in front of the

doors to the Alamo!



Hi Everyone,

I know it has been a while since I got on the site. Just thought I'd update you with a few things we did this summer.

First of all, it went quickly! We found out in July that Kevin was going to Iraq and he is already gone and training. He will be in the Middle East by the end of October or beginning of November and he will be there 6 months.

Jaron came and visited with two of his friends in June. It was good to have him here. We went to the Alamo and the Hard Rock Cafe.

Dakota and I went to Disney World in Florida. We met up with Shannon, Paul and Caleb and Gabriel and had a great time.

While we were away Kevin's side of the family came and visited. They had a great time.

After I returned, My dad and his wife, Jane visited. Once again we went to the Alamo. We also went to Sea World and to the Riverwalk. I wore dad plum out!

Some friends of ours from Louisiana, The LaLena's came to visit us for Dinner!

We said good bye to Kevin on the 29th of July. This is alot different than the last times that I sent him out because he is in a very dangerous place. I have to trust that the Lord will watch over him.

And now... it is back to school. Calvin's 2nd birthday party is tommorrow and Monday is Dakota's first day of Kindergarten and going to school on the bus both to and from.


I will work 3 days this week to fill in for the church secretary and then I am going to be scaling back to 2 days. It is hard being both mom and grandma and dad and grandpa to a 5 year old. I have all that plus all the things Kevin normally does like mowing the lawn and now my grocery shopping has got to be while Dakota is done because I can't do it after she gets home (not enough time).


Summer went by too fast. I hope you had a great summer!

2 comments:

Mythreesons said...

I love seeing the pictures of the kids. I didn't recognize Shannon at all! It's been toooooo long! The kids are so cute! Your summer sounds like mine. Going, going gone!!!! I hope Dakota has fun in Kindergarden. It was such a blast for Aaron last year. He learned so much and is reading like a pro now. Love ya, miss ya, praying for ya!!!!!

Candace/Chloe said...

Wow! You DID have a busy summer! It looks like you had a blast, though. Great pictures of everyone!

Let's get together VERY SOON!